Monday, May 19, 2014

Kid Prophets

4/14/14 
Hello everybody!  This week was yet again another good one here in Ezeiza with my companion Elder flinders.  We did all of the normal stuff in the week, woke up, worked out, ate some cereal and then studied and headed out.

This week we went to the store to buy us some stuff to make for lunch.  We ended up deciding on a Guiso or a soup with veggies and meat and noodles or rice.  We didn’t have that much money and we saw that the cow heart was only 18 pesos for a kilo.  After much convincing my companion he finally agreed to go in on it.   When we paid for it they plopped down a fresh cow heart about the size of 4 fists.  I don’t know why but when I was thinking about a cow heart I was thinking something like little chunks of meat that we could eat. Man was I wrong. We went to the pension and cut that bad boy open, really having no clue what the heck we were doing but in the end with 6 kinds of veggies and big chunks of good meat it was one of the "heartiest" meals I have ever had.  Man where do I come up with this stuff?

This week we had the determination to finally go to the hospital and talk with some of the people there.  It was super humbling and even though we didn’t teach too many people I thought that it was a super good use of our time.

Some of the people that we are teaching are named Neli y Geno.  They both are about 80 years old and just remind me so dang much of Grandpa Doug y Grandma Rhea—always joking and laughing and they love watching sports on the TV. Geno was super super hard and told us that he doesn’t want anything to do with our church but somehow we convinced him to come to the church last week. and then this week he asked us if its a sin to God if he gets baptized in our church, WOO!

Haha this week we were trying to explain what is a prophet. Or a man who can talk to God and somebody who shares what he says and teaches everyone else. When we asked him what he understood he told us "you are prophets to me."  So we tried explaining it again and when we asked if he understood he said, "So you are prophets and can talk with God."  So we tried explaining that a prophet sent us here and that we are below the direction of him.  Then he said "ohhh.... so you are kid prophets."

Yep. Good enough. Lets go with it.

Well. I love you all.  I hope that things are going good for everyone.  Good luck and I will talk to you soon.
Love,

Elder Merkley

No comments:

Post a Comment