Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hard Times in Monte



11/24/14
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARE, ANTO, SHAUNY, CART AND THE PEOPLE THAT I WILL WRITE TO NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I’m gonna see how fast I can write.

This week I was throwing out some trash and I thought that I threw away some keys so I went and grabbed the trash out of the trash can right as a biker passed and he said to me "hungry huh?"... Dang it...

We had some sweet Asado (Argentine BBQ)

We had intercambios, I went with my buddy from the coast named Elder Wilson.  We had a splendid time.

We had lunch with Noel and Silvana from Ezeiza again and then they gave us a sack of like 20 milanesas because we didn’t eat them all.

While we were on the intercambios we were walking and we saw a butterfly pass in front of my face and I did a cup clap thing And when we looked inside I totally caught that little guy.  I’m kinda like Steve Irwin (the crocodile hunter.) 

We woke up bright and early and I don’t know how but we somehow got into the talk that we should go to the Catholic Cemetery down the street in the morning.  So we went for a nice morning stroll in the cemetery.

We had a sweet lesson with some members and about how one of them should go on the mission.

We broke our bike the night before on the intercambio (folded my tire like a hard shell taco) and we only had one bike.  So I drove and my companion sat on the steering wheel thing.  We were going and there was a little bump so he tensed up his hands and it ended up forcing us into a ditch, crash landing and catapulting him off the bike.  The only times that I have heard a scream like that is on Lord of the Rings when Frodo gets a good ole sword to the stomach.

In this week we have been having all sorts of bugs enter in the inch of space that we have in our front door and the ground.  Yesterday they made a plan to flank us.  Literally 50 beetles started flying around in our house.  

Also in news of bugs we have found some good ol leeches and fleas in our house:)  yay:)

We have been having some hard times here in Monte.  There aren’t that many people who are listening to us so we decided to do a fast to find some new people.  I don’t know.  During the fast I just felt a new hope and it was sweet to see how many people started saying that they would love to listen to us.

We don’t always see eye to eye on everything but these past weeks I have been asking a question and then everything I read I am looking for an answer.  So the other day I asked, " How can my companion and I get along better?" and I came across Romans 12:10-18
 10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; inhonour preferring one
another;
 11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
 12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
 13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
 14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
 15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weeps.
 16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
I thought that it was the sweetest answer ever.  Especially the last verse.  If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Sometimes it is so tempting to just show that you are right.  But that’s not what life is about.  We aren’t here to be right but to become better people.  Sometimes we have to do what’s right and defend ourselves but in other occasions we just have to slow down and listen.  If we look for an answer from God he will always answer us. If you need something from him you just gotta ask.  Good luck and have a great week.

LOVE

ELDER MERKLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment