Monday, February 17, 2014

Animal Planet

1/27/14
On Friday we went to the temple WOO! Man it was so sweet there. It was super clean and had all of these spires and we got to do a session.  After the temple time that we had we got to go take some pictures.

One of these major events this week is my 6 month mark!  It’s crazy how fast things are flying by.  It is weird to think that 6 months ago I didn’t even know how to say anything in Spanish. And now, 6 months later, I still don’t know how to say anything in Spanish haha. jk it is comin bit by bit.

We had a bit of bad luck this week.  Our bikes were very broken. We woke up in the morning and my comps tire was flat so we went and got it fixed at the bike shop.  As we walked out of the shop I hopped on my bike and the tire went flat.  Gosh dang it.  Some of the other items that we had to fix were:
-Both of my tires
-My handlebars broke off my bike
-The wheel was doing the serpentine
- The mud flap
And much much more. I’m starting to wonder if while they are fixing one part, they are rigging the other to break.

In relation to the title this week, I saw many many crazy things.  So many that I felt like I was on Animal Planet.

-The average temperature of this week was about 100. It was so dang hot and of course our fan broke last week. So at night we decided to sleep on the floor but it didn’t do anything. We were still slow roasting in our oven.  So we opened the windows, but then we realized it was a bad idea because of all of the mosquitos and flies.  It was weird how I couldn’t sleep because I can always sleep, but there were so many flies and mosquitos that I just heard so much buzzing that I felt like I was going insane.  The next morning I woke up with over 20 bites on my knee.  My companion said that it was like connect the dots as he started to draw lines from one to another. Dang mosquitos.

-I was washing my clothes by hand outside in our little sink when I heard a sudden buzzing.  I looked around and didn’t see anything.  Then I heard it again and again and again.  Every time that I heard the noise I went looking for it and finally found it.  In the corner there was a little fly (which are everywhere in our pension) stuck in a spider web.  And there was a huge spider (which are everywhere in our pension) that was walking towards it.  I watched with my own two eyes in amazement as the spider bit the fly, dragged in down into the depths of the web, and started to wrap it. Haha it was so dang interesting. I decided to let the spider live because he put on such a show.

-After that we were at an investigator, Orlando’s house he was laughing with his camera and filming something in the grass.  We walked over and found a red wasp fighting a spider about the size of 2 quarters side by side. Then one of them (we found out later that it was the wasp) was dragging the other to its hole.  We watched in amazement as bit by bit the red wasp slowly dragged the huge spider down into the dark depths of the box with the gas control.

-Also when it is really really hot there are these bugs that just screech in the trees.  I don’t know what they are called but it just is a constant screeching noise all down the road.  At the beginning I wanted to die because they were so dang annoying but now I forget about them haha.

Here is something that I thought was super funny about Argentina this week.  The people love to be a little bit louder than the other people around them.  So this week several times I saw somebody with a speaker about 4 feet tall screwed into the hood of their car so that they could play their music louder than the people next to them haha. I am going to try and get a picture of it because it looks so ridiculous with a tiny car with a huge speaker jimmy rigged on top.

I remember Bradley Cook telling us that if a lesson falls through it is for a reason.  So we were looking for somebody to teach and we knew of a less active family nearby.  So we went, and nobody was there, but we tried again and again and on the third clap a kid my age answered the door.  We sat down and talked and right off the bat we hit it off.  We were both the baby of a family of 8 and he has 4 sisters and 1 brother. And he was 19 years and is trying to decide if he should go on a mission.  Then I had a huge dejavu and I remembered saying some stuff to him about the mission.  I gave my testimony about the mission and it was super sweet.  It was the first time that I have had a dejavu about somebody in the mission and I later I didn’t even remember what I said--just some stuff about the mission. After it was just super quiet and we wrapped it up and headed out. and now this week he is going to help us teach.  Haha I thought it was super sweet how there was somebody that the big man wanted me to find out here and he changed some of our plans so we could talk to him.

This week we had a something called a super baptism where we had all the missionaries baptize in the same place and we had a huge conference.  We had 2 girls named Sofia and Rosio.  We have been teaching them for close to 3 weeks and they are freakin sweet.  They are both dang funny and a bit competitive so whenever we ask a question, they are always arguing who should answer it haha.  We went to the baptism and everything worked out great and they were super super happy and I got the opportunity to baptize Sofia, woo!

I love you guys.  I hope that everything is good.
Love Andy 

No comments:

Post a Comment