Monday, September 23, 2013

Alot of firsts



9/9/13
Hello, what’s good?
This week was a bit slow.  Last Pday we just went and played soccer for a good 3 to 5 hours.   We didn’t have much planned the first couple of days and it was freezing so I did a lot of memorizing.  On Wednesday we had our Zone/District Reunion so we went and I saw Elder Stowell who went to Brighton and I played football with him for 3 years. I’m trying to learn everybody’s names here so that I can bond with them cause multiple times in the lessons and in church people didn’t know my name or just called me Elder Nuevo (New Elder.)  
I had my first rain day here. It was crazy.  It started the night before, rained all night, I woke up still raining, and then it rained all night.  We couldn’t use our bikes cause it ruins them sitting in that much rain so we had to walk everywhere so places that we could usually get to in 5 minutes took 30 but walking in mud.  
I learned how to make some Empanadas the other day so I will do my best to perfect it and then make it when I get home.  I am still getting loaded up with food.  I think Pdays are the only days that I haven’t gotten fed.
So some things that happened this week. We were right in the middle of a lesson and this baby started coughing a little so the mom picked her up.  Then she started coughing a lot so the mom started patting her back.  And then out out of nowhere she just started puking so much.  It was the grossest and cutest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.  I couldn’t decide if I should think its adorable or start gagging, so I did both.  
The sink exploded on me in the Pension, I was filling up my water bottle just like I do every morning when the faucet tipped over and a tiny stream of water was coming out of the back, so I tried putting it back in place, then when I tried to put it back in place the whole faucet came off and water started pouring out every where, all over me, right into my water bottle, onto the floor.  Everywhere.  It wasn’t calm either.  It was launching so I started trying to yell for help and finally some of the Pench mates came and helped a brother out.  I felt like an idiot but its pretty funny now that I look at it.  
A lot of firsts this week. I placed my first Book of Mormon on my own to this kid named Alejo. Then after then I blessed my first thing of oil, I had my first rainy day, I went to my first party, and then I gave my first blessing to the sick.  The blessing to the sick went awful.  I couldn’t pronounce half of the words and I was way shaky and nervous.  I had to repeat one sentence 4 or 5 times and I was stuttering way bad.  
We taught this family and I studied the lesson before we taught it and I had everything down so we taught and killed it.  We did so dang good that they invited us over for their 14 year old daughters 15th birthday on Sunday, so we said yes and bought her a little chocolate for her birthday.  We showed up and clapped and nobody answered.  We stood out there, listening to the music people singing to it while we awkwardly stood outside and clapped 9 or 10 times.  We finally went on their property and started clapping and then they finally answered.  We walk in to the parents, a baby, and six 15 year old girls...  There was no singing, no dancing, no clapping, just silence.  It was so awkward.  My comp went in, we introduced ourselves and then we stood there in this smaller house, all touching one another.  I tried making some small talk but it’s hard in Spanish and my comp was silent.  So I tried to ask where the music was and then things started to go better. They all looked at my family pictures for 40 minutes and then it was time to go.  Those pictures have been saving me.  Everybody asks who everybody is, especially Asher, Addie, and Ruby.  
Ok well here are some strange things about Argentina. It is normal to see a horse or a car parked in the middle of a field.  Just hangin out. There are hundreds and hundreds of dogs here. Just wandering the street. They are fine most of the time but is freaky when there is a pack of little ones and then a pack of big ones. The little ones are freakin annoying and start barking and then they attract the big ones who chase us on the bikes and try and bite us. It is so freaky.  I am starting to not like dogs as much. Everybody is blunt here.  The worst ones are the kids.  When I talk, they say they don’t understand him or what is he trying to say? And I’m pretty sure one called me fat the other day. haha Great self confidence booster. They are all obsessed with Angry birds and Dragon Ball Z.  You see it in all of their houses and on all of the backpacks and binders, its everywhere.  
I am picking up a tiny bit more Spanish now but it still isn’t enough to have a good conversation haha.  I like the food a bunch and I am trying to learn as much as possible so that I can come back and try and make it for everyone.  The music here is interesting, way overplayed and I don’t understand it but It is starting to grown on me one of the songs is called "Tu Padre No me Quiere"  by El Perro.  This isn’t my favorite but it is definitely played the most.  
I love you guys and I hope everything is going well.  
Love,
Andy


No comments:

Post a Comment