Sunday, August 25, 2013

Leaving the MTC


8/21/13
hey there
Hey I did get my assignment this week.  Any guesses?  I am going to be leaving the MTC on Monday. We all got our travel visas somehow for Argentina.  They are just travel visas though so they only last for 90 days and then if we don't get them by then I'm not quite sure what is going to happen. Good news, eh? 
Strange it's already been 6 weeks right? It's real weird.  We have all these new districts and kids coming up and asking you where this place is or how to say this in spanish and I just laugh because I have no clue... I got Dan's first week letter.  Sounds pretty rough but sweet.  He told me that things are hard but they are getting better.  I feel that it is the same way for all of those coming into the MTC.  A couple tips for those rookies.  Use the free box every week.  Why pay for the stuff that you are just gonna throw out when you can take somebody else's that they didn't even start to use, ya know? Here is another one--wake up 10 to 15 minutes early on sundays for those who want a shower cause there are more people waiting in line than there are when you are trying to get to the front of a twilight concert. It's a straight up zoo. 
This week was pretty normal.  Kinda sad.  We had to say goodbye to 2 of our teachers today so we were pretty bummed about that whole deal.  We taught a columbian guy over skype and it was freakin hard cause columbians cut off their S's so there were words that we knew but they didn't sound familiar cause he just kept cutting of his s's.  We did door approaches yesterday and the first time we kicked trash and it made me stoked to get out of the MTC...  Ya that is pretty much the life here in the MTC.  I'm excited to leave the MTC but it's gonna be pretty sad. 
I love you guys.  I hope that everything is going well.  
Love,
Andy



No comments:

Post a Comment