Sunday, July 13, 2014

Birthday Week

 6/9/14 
Hey there everybody!

All right so here’s the dirt on last week why I didn’t write.  First it was my birthday so we went to have a district activity that was a good hour trip there and another hour trip back so we lost a couple of hours and then we didn’t have time to write. Anyways I am here now writing about what’s going on this week and a bit from last week.

First, last week.  We have a super super sweet investigator named Neli.  She kinda reminds me of a grandma Shirley who was drinking a lot of coffee.  She is super awesome. This week we saw her walking in the street with another grandma who was crying.  We pulled over and started to talk to them and the sad grandma said that she lost her husband.  We tried calming her down for a good 30 minutes and said prayers and told her that all will turn out ok but it wasn’t really working.  So we asked her what we could do to help her out. 
We went all over looking for her husband, including going to the hospital and waiting in line for 20 minutes to ask if he was there.
We didn’t find anything so we had to return empty handed.  When we got back they told us that we could keep on going and that they are going to keep looking.
4 days later we saw Neli and she told us that when they got back to the house of the grandma the husband was there the whole time and that a friend of the grandma told her that she forgets alot and that this is a frequent thing. Haha I love older people.

Besides that it was my birthday! We cooked some tacos and ate outside of the church and our President of the Branch, Presidente Magariños, is a dang baller and gave me one of his medals that he won in a marathon that he did.  Man he is so dang nice I can’t even tell you.   Haha also he is teaching me how to dance.

I cut my own hair now.  

My companero and I don’t know if we have gas from a tank or if it is lined here so we have been eating cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the last 7 days haha.

 It’s a good thing that I really like oatmeal, right?

Thanks for everything.  I love you all. I am praying for you all and the big man is watching out for you.  Be safe.

EVOL,
Elder Merkley


No comments:

Post a Comment