Sunday, September 14, 2014

My yoke is easy and my burden is light

9/1/14 
WELL HI THERE!
This week was pretty interesting.

My companion told me "You’re from the united states right?"
I told him Ya...Why?
He then asked the Backstreet Boys are from the United States, right?
I said Ya...why?
He then said "So you’ve probably seen the Backstreet Boys in the streets a lot right?
Oh... how badly I wish that were true.

We went in a trio and had some real sweet lessons.

I saw sun for the first time in a week.

I think the house is haunted.

We woke up to the fire alarm going off, the cell phone has alarms that go off at random times, and my companion saw a bag full of bread throw itself.  Just the works.

Talking about the haunted house.  We found a man this week named Argentino (interesting name right? its like naming a kid America... I kinda like it...) and we started talking to him and taught him a lesson.  I think that of all of the lessons that I have taught in my mission, teaching him was one of the easiest and fastest lessons I have taught.
He then told us some crazy stories that he has had with haunted stuff.
But he is great so I was super super stoked about that.

He was telling us about how when he had a strong relationship with God he was happier and that the burdens of life weren’t so heavy.  
I feel the same way at this time.  God is guiding us and helping us to what we need. Like he said, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light."
I love you all and I hope that everything is going well.
Have a great week and I will talk to you soon

Love
Elder Merkley


No comments:

Post a Comment