Sunday, September 14, 2014

Warm Toesies by the Fire

8/25/14 
Well this week I put a goal to write something good everyday cause I remembered something that my good ol buddy dannyboy kimball said that there is something worthy of writing every day.

So anyways this week I have quite a bit of things to write.

First look up Pablito Ruiz.  I don’t know who he is but I heard some of his music that I liked.

We were a bit tired this week and we saw a guy in the street selling churros.  So we walked over and while we were buying churros in the street this grandma came up to us and told us that she always wanted to talk to us but could never catch us.  Interesting that even the big man works through us when we are eating.  That’s my kind of missionary work!

Anyways the guy that we were buying the churros from told us that the Pope is mixing all religions in one and calling it "Christlam."  I’m curious now.  Is it the truth?  Can somebody get me a follow up with that?

A member invited us for dinner for one of the first times in a good long time:)  I felt like a little kid going to Disneyland.

An investigador and us were talking when we saw that he had a telescope.  We commented on it and then he told us "I don’t use it much I can lend it to you if you want.” Let’s just say that you don’t have to invite me twice.  We were so excited to use it that night but out of nowhere clouds came in and started raining for the next week so we get a good ol view of black clouds. Every night... and nothing else. CURSE YOU CLOUDS!!

It rained all week so some investigadores invited us to some Pero (moms drink) and to take off our socks and shoes and then teach them with our little toesies by the fire.

Today we went to the activity of the Zone.  Since it was raining, what did we do?  Play signs for 5 hours.  Was it 5 hours of pure fun?  You bet.

Also talking about the actividad.  There was a little post thing that I tried doing a 180 on. Did I fall? Yes.  

Did I go for redemption? Yes.

Did I fall again? Yes

After that I don’t know what was going on but I fell another 2 times trying to run in the church.  I’m just gonna blame my shoes....

Another time we were going to a lesson with an investigador but while my companion and I were chatting the day away on the bikes we rode past her house... for 30 minutes... when we realized that we were in the wrong place. Another investigador called us and told us that he saw us pass by just barely and asked us if we could turn around and help him out.

We were a little bit hesitant but in the end we turned around and helped him carry 20 liters of water to his house cause they didn’t have any water.
So we started going back to the investigadors house and we tried calling them to say sorry that we were so late but then when we got there was a little paper saying "sorry we had to leave at noon and we will be getting back later but we don’t know when.  Call us to reschedule another appointment."  

When we read that we were a little bit bummed but at the same time relived cause we weren’t late and we helped a friend.  And then just as we were about to leave they pulled into the house!  

In the end we talked with them for like 20 minutes and then we prayed with them.  Even though we didn’t get too much done we still got to see them and then pray with them.  It’s interesting that God will guide us for the best even when we make some mistakes.

The big man is willing to help us and forgive us when we make bad decisions and guide us to a better path.  Read 2 Nephi 22:2.  It reminded me about this week.

I love you all.  I hope that you have a great week and I will write you again soon.

LOVE
Elder Merkley


No comments:

Post a Comment