Monday, January 6, 2014

When We Are Humble

12/23/13
Hi everyone
So I forgot to write my three good things that happened during the day in my planner everyday so I basically I cant really remember what I did this week. But here is a funny story. There is this kid who is 7 years old and he has some kind of disability so he’s in a wheel chair. He’s really loud and bossy and he’s always cracking me up. This week we were at his house (his mom was recently baptized) and for some reason he kept calling me brother and giving me marshmallows to eat. After like 10 minutes of being there he started yelling ‘Marshmallow! Hey Marshmallow!’ I was kind of confused and said what? He looked at me and said ‘No! Marshmallow’ pointing at my companion." Haha for the rest of the night he kept calling me brother and my comp marshmallow. My comp didn’t think it was very funny. 
On Friday we had a dinner party at the church. There are only like 50 active members in the church here and 300 members total so we’ve got a lot of work to do. That’s about as much as I can remember from my week. Haha pretty sucky I know. Ill try and remember to write down in my planner what goes on more.
Oh yeah I just remembered. We had a 70 come and talk to our zone on Saturday as well. He taught us that being humble is key to learning more because when we are prideful we are blind and deaf. But when we are humble, we are grateful for all the blessings in our life and recognize that every good thing is from god. When we are humble, god gives us more to learn and we become smarter.

I love you guys a ton-
Elder Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment