Sunday, April 6, 2014

To Yolar

3/17/14 
Hey what’s up?
This week was pretty good. We switched our house next door. It’s a little bit bigger and the walls were just patted white. Every morning we have to wake up 15 minutes early to read the scriptures. We are too lazy to get out of bed so we read in our beds but with the way white walls and the pure bright light that is in our room I feel like I’m waking up in the celestial room every morning. It goes from really dark to pure bright.
On Wednesday we had zero plans and was the day we changed our house so when we left to go out and preach I told my companion “We’re just going to yolo it today.” (You guys can ask Ryker what it means.) He gave me kind of a weird look but is really shy so didn’t say anything but just gave me a head nod haha. Throughout the day I kept saying that until I made it into a word-- yolar – to yolo. We actually had a pretty successful day so I think I’m going to start yoloing it more often.
On Thursday we were walking in the street and I saw a group of little kids about 7 or 8 years old shooting something in the tree with slingshots. When we got closer I realized they were trying to kill a huge black iguana. I asked them what they were going to do with it once they killed it. They looked at me like I was stupid and said “We’re going to eat it duh…”  Like five seconds later they knocked it out of the tree and some stray dogs ran by and swooped it up so they kids took off running haha.
This week we baptized Jose Alfredo Cruz Hernandez. He’s pretty dang awesome.  His mom was baptized by my companion Elder Gonzales when he was here. Jose recently moved here from Veracruz. His baptism was way awesome and the spirit was super strong. He is 19 years old and I saw him change from a kind of a punk into a way awesome person and now he wants to serve a mission.
That’s about all I’ve got for this week. The internet blows chunks here and takes forever so I can’t upload any photos or respond to emails because when I press respond it just says loading forever. 
Con amor elder Kimball  

No comments:

Post a Comment